Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dreaming about big old houses again.


This isn't our house, I've been spending way too much time on the internet cruising real estate sites.  I call it my other hobby.  My current love is this house.  I lived in a similar style one when I was in my 20's.   Sigh.  Look at those verandahs, imagine the quilts you could hang from them.  The husband doesn't quite have my vision, it costs nothing to dream I keep telling him.  



Sad to hear today Dame Elisabeth Murdoch has passed away.  I grew up not far from her property and have attended her open gardens, jazz evenings etc.  Here's a blog post I wrote back in 2008 about Cruden farm and a picture of Miss Muff and Dame Elisabeth.  We sat and chatted for a while about big gardens and children.  I hope her home, garden, farm and arboretum, are kept in trust somehow and be maintained and continue to be used for fundraising for the Royal Children's Hospital.

Nothing too exciting happening here.  We have bought a new Christmas tree and have decorated it.  Just the outside of the house to do now ready for the pre-school bus trip past all the student's houses.  I'm home alone today, working on the tax (yes I'm procrastinating by writing a blog post) and maybe some sewing as reward when that is done.

3 comments:

  1. I must admit my other hobby is realestate.com!!!!!
    My husband wants to know why I like the idea of moving just before EVERY Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking House....your right it doesn't cost anything to Dream!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the verandahs. I hear you on the tax procrastination. I will do anything to avoid tax paperwork.

    ReplyDelete