Monday, November 19, 2012

Passport cover.

A slight break from other sewing proceedings.  I need to find some nice gift ideas for quickly approaching birthdays and Christmas.  I posed the question on Twitter this morning as to what kind of hand made/sewn gifts can you make for men.  One suggestion was a passport wallet, perfect for one person I have in mind.  

I found this tutorial and did a tester and I'm quite happy with the result.  I want to make one with an embroidered front to make it more personalised.



Sorry I couldn't lay my hands on my passport for the photo but you get the idea.  It can hold two passports plus there are an additional two pockets for other documents.  The pattern has a button and loop closure but I thought it might make it a little bulky and I didn't have a suitable button.  So, no button.


2 comments:

  1. Like your choice of fabrics.
    Sewing for men and boys is always a struggle.
    x

    ReplyDelete