Sunday, August 12, 2012

Narioka making Burda 9580


For some reason I felt like sewing last night.  Normally I'm too tired.  I picked up this pattern, Burda 9580 at Spotlight when I was looking for something to spend a $10 voucher on.  It looked quick and easy, no zips or button which is always a plus in my book.  



I love little pop over tops/dresses like this.  They are so cute over leggings and a long or short sleeve top, or by themselves when its hot.  
I'm a big believer in the saying "leggings aren't pants".  
Whether you are four or forty, in my opinion, there is no need to see any further up than mid thigh when wearing leggings.  


I vaguely remember Mum saying to steer clear of Burda patterns.  I can't say it was the most enjoyable of sewing experiences but it worked out OK in the end. Other pattern brands seem to be more consistent and explicit.
My customer was thrilled and has ordered several more in various colours.  She liked waking up to a new dress hanging on her bedroom door.



5 comments:

  1. You have the sweetest little model there.
    And I'm with you on the leggings.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful dress! And I agree with the leggings, when did it become okay to parade around in underwear as outawear

    ReplyDelete
  3. So with you on the leggings - they're really just well fed stockings.
    NO-ONE looks good in them with anything shorter than a mini skirt (including skinny teenagers and some MUCH larger 30 somethings spied at the shops the other day).
    GAWD I must be getting old.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress....great model!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress looks fantastic, can I ask how you got your top to look neat? I gave up and ended up cutting 2 of each piece, joining to form the 1 piece then sewing right sides together, pinning on and top stitching around. And after all that it looks like a nighty! Might try again with a different fabric, lol.

    ReplyDelete