Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More making less Pinteresting.

I decided last night instead of browsing pretty pictures on Pinterest I thought I would actually make something.
Does anyone else ever think that is a good idea?

First up an old canvas which was past its used by date.  I cut a square of alphabet fabric and staple gunned it on.  Man!!  Why haven't I used a staple gun before. A world of possibilities is opening up in front of me.   I think I've discovered why its kept in the shed.  Lots of eye rolling from husband as I'm getting excited about how easy it is to use.  He'll get over it. 

Here's my finished piece.  It won't hang over the fire place but there was a hook there and it was the lightest spot in the house for a photo.



The second thing on my 

"Things I've Found on Pinterest and Must Make One Day" 

list was some fabric stretched over embroidery hoops to hang in Miss Muff's bedroom.  Four of these took no time at all.  


I'm using the picture below as my inspiration so I definitely a few more to make a nice arrangement.  



Lastly, I'm not a fan of food photos on my blog but last week I made this jelly slice for an afternoon tea. 
It looked and tasted amazing.  Recipe from my friend Jan, I think the trick is a mixture of strawberry and raspberry jelly on top. Yum!




8 comments:

  1. Mmm Yum!
    Pinterest is the loveliest time waster I've had since we had new born babies (you know when you have the first one and spend hours just watching and cuddling).
    Too much looking and not nearly enough making here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deleted my Pinterest account months ago and have not spent one day mourning it. It's been great. Along with deleting twitter I have become super productive!

    That jam slice looks exactly the same as the one my MIL from Prairie via Dingee makes. And she mixes her jellies too. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I need to get making some of my pins too.
    Like the look of the jelly slice.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo! Mixing jellies. Why hv I never thought of this before? Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only made a couple of things from my PInterest boards and do need to make more vs pinning more. Love the fabric covered canvas and your food photo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very super easy, can't beleive you haven't done the covered canvas before! And the hoops are super cute. Jelly slice is.....don't like jelly. Can't comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's exactly how I feel after ditching twitter last week. I've had soooooo much more time and I have heaps of new designs on the go. It's so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice I like it. I have done a lot of Pinterest crafts as well. Some turn out well, and some don't. Lol.

    ReplyDelete