Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Gift for new baby - Sherbert Pips cushion.


Finally a day at home today.  Top of the list was to make some new baby presents.  I'm running behind in that area.  People keep breeding quicker than I can make things.  I became an aunty for the 18th time last week with the arrival of Retromummy's new baby boy.  He's so cute, has quite the family resemblance from what I can see in the photos.  I'm wishing he wasn't so far away so I could have some cuddles.  Lucky Corrie has a blog and we can keep up to date that way.

Back to the present making, I started off today thinking library bags with names on them but went off that idea and instead have raided my Sherbert Pips stash to make cushions.  I had purchased extra of the range for a custom order that fell through so have decided to use some up. (Note to self - ask for deposits in future.)  I use the reds, blues and greys for the boys and keep the pinks for the girls.  It was a great range for either sex.

This cushion I cut 25 3&1/4 inch squares to make the front.  I should have cut them slightly larger as I mis calculated and it was a teeny bit small for the cushion insert.  Never mind, I trimmed an inch or so off the outer edges and added a red border which I really like.  Sometimes I like making mistakes!

More blog posts to come, I had a terrific weekend at The Retreat Woodend, I've got a quilt shop review and a  quilt finish to blog but for the moment back to baby gift making.

8 comments:

  1. A lovely cushion, love the combo of reds, blues and grey.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this range. Very sweet cushion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Perfect size to me- I always make my covers a little smaller so it's a snug for. As the cushions squish down over time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute ......I love that range too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cushion! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cushion and such sweet fabric! Great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I'm thinking about putting some ribbons if I'll be giving a similar cushion as baby gifts.

    ReplyDelete