Friday, July 20, 2012

Fandango Quilt.


The other day I blogged about the quilt I was making for Abbe's Retreat.  After much deliberation I ended up going with white fabric for the sashing.  There was also much deliberation on the lay out of the pin wheel blocks.  Instead of bordering each block I've put them in groups of four, kind of like a gigantic nine patch.  


I really like how it finished up.  Mum and I went fabric shopping while I was in Melbourne and I stumbled upon some of the Fandango range so was able to buy some more blue to do the outer border.


I used the brown snowflake fabric from the post the other day as the backing and put an insert of the leftover pin wheels down the centre and wouldn't you know it....forgot to take a photo.  Oh well.
I really could have kept this quilt, which is funny because I probably wouldn't have given a second look to these fabrics in a store.  When Abbe said she was sending me some fabric to make up I asked her to send me something out of my comfort zone.  I really makes you think when working with different colours and prints you aren't normally used to.
I quilted this quilt on Mum's new sewing machine with a stitch regulator.  It took a little getting used to but its a lot quicker way of quilting.  I think I'm going to need one in future.  I make a couple of whoopsies but overall came up quite well.



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! It's just so fandangoastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just lovely!
    Hugs - Lurline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt very nice colours.

    ReplyDelete