Monday, July 23, 2012

Dresden Cushion from a Charm Square Pack.


I think Dresdens are to 2012 what hexagons were to 2011, well, in the crafty circles I move in anyway.
After seeing the girl's Dresdens at the Retreat weekend, I promptly bought some templates and over the weekend made my first one.  It was a perfect size for a cushion. I'm going through a cushion phase.

I used a charm pack I'd been saving for ever.  Its Dream On from Moda.  I was able to cut two template shapes from one square, so the front only took eight charms plus a fussy cut butterfly for the centre.


For the reverse of the cushion I joined the remaining squares and just made an overlapping back.  
Very easy. Super quick.  
My happy customer below.


6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love making Dresdens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - but tricky. I'm still at squares & straight lines. But one day ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing. I am so going to get a template when I am in town next. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, great pics too! And like the idea of the back! She's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little pillow...this is one of my favourite blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I have been lusting after dresdens for awhile but am yet to perfect the hexi so ill keep plugging away at that. I love that you say crafty circles too.

    ReplyDelete