Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quick birthday present whip up.


Mr Nine was invited to 9yo girl's birthday party over the weekend which I thought was sweet.  Then I had a small panic attack, what are nine year old girls into?  I'm OK with the 4yo age group.  Next problem, we weren't going anywhere near a shop before the party so I had to whip something up quickly.  Not being sure of a clothes size I went with a covered note book, hair clips and key rings.  I hope it was acceptable.

It got me thinking that I really need to make some more gifts for my present box.  Its easy for us to get caught short in the present department being an hour return trip to larger shops.  Its handy having a stash of gifts and especially if they are hand made ones.  Girls seem to be easier to make for than boys.

What do you have in your present box?
I welcome any present hand made present suggestions for kids.

10 comments:

  1. Not something you can make and leave in the present box, but a handmade gift I've made for my daughter's friend is a personalised pillowcase. Basically just a pillowcases with their names in big appliquéd letters in their favorite they've gone down really well.
    Mini aprons would be a good gift with some kids sized whisks/cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to replenish my kids gift stash too. Little satchel bags are great for boys or girls, along with little zippered pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Messenger bags/satchels always seem to go down well here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a present box but often think I should. We have been late to many a birthday parties for last minute shopping. Good thing we live close to Wal-mart;) My kids are getting older so I need 10-16 yr old gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. My 8 yr old girly would love them.
    Texta and pencil rolls are also popular. They would be wonderful with a matching notebook - love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pencil rolls are a great idea, and perfect for a wide age group.
    I think your handmade gifts would be loved by the 9yo.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do zip purses, and get my girl to help design it, then she tells them it's her idea haha. I usually fill a girls one with yo-yo hair ties. But I'm always looking for pressie ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice birthday gift..looking forward to see more gifts likes photo mugs,photo books & photo cards.

    thanks & keep sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made zippered pouches and put things inside them, bookmarks you can use leftover jelly rolls trips and ribbon)with a book and my personal favourite is pillowcases made out of novelty fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS I think you did an awesome job with your gift giving. I love that apple fabric.

    ReplyDelete