Monday, April 30, 2012

Two day market.



Every year our town hosts a two day vintage tractor rally and small market.  I've been holding a stall the market for a few years now and am lucky enough to hold my stall in a historical building which I believe was the original town grocery store. The building is now part of a museum complex.  I would dearly love to see the shop set up again as it was and host half a dozen or so local makers.  I've suggested the idea to the historical committee, they love the idea but don't have the time to do it.  I'm guessing I might have to join the committee.....maybe one day!  I"m on a few too many committees for now.


Here's a couple of pics inside.  A friend and I sell quilts, small hand made gifts, hair accessories, etc.  We also collect tractor fabric and make a few items to fit in with the rally theme.  We had really good sales this year.  I learn so much every market I do.  I now have a much better idea of what people want to buy, pricing etc.  We even have regular customers coming back each year and orders being placed for next year!!  Unbelievable.
A lot of the tractor wives come in for a chat, they like having something girly to look at while the guys play engines.


The CWA (Country Women's Association) also hold a craft display and competition on the same weekend.  This year they invited me to judge the photography competition which was fun.  I'm a hopeless judge, I want to give everyone first place.  I did manage to choose winners after much deliberation.  I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to judge the food!  It all looked so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment