Wednesday, April 11, 2012

School holidays.


I can't believe the school holidays are nearly over. We had a few days in Melbourne and have had visitors here over Easter. On Easter Sunday we went and saw the Parade in Bendigo. Its the one time of year they bring out the big Chinese dragon and all its friends. Quite spectacular, I don't know why we haven't been before with the kids. They loved it.


Sun Loong is the world's longest Imperial dragon, he/she/it is one hundred metres long, covered in bright fabric and mirrors. The dragons are quite works of art.

The smaller dragons with two people inside were funny. The men inside would jump onto each other's shoulders and walk along performing then jump down and run around behind each other. They reminded me of big friendly fluffy dogs coming up to kids in the crowd.


On the way home we had a look inside St Kilian's Church. Another place we drive past frequently and never stop to look at. Its a beautiful old timber building.


Just as lovely inside.

We may have to go back and hear the organ played one day.


So for the last few days of the holidays I have a couple of days at work and a nine year old's birthday party to organise. Nine, how did that happen? the following weekend I have a two day market. Thank goodness I have plenty of stock so I'm not stressing about getting things ready for that. I'm just making extras hair clips at night and if I get time I'll whip up some more patchwork skirts.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, are your holidays almost over?? We're only about to commence here in the ACT. Wishing you a gorgeous fresh start to another term, love Posie

    ReplyDelete