Monday, March 5, 2012

Oasis Postage Stamp Quilt.

My sewing this weekend was a quilting a quilt for a friend. She used a Moda Oasis Jelly Roll and the quilt is for her baby niece. I don't know how this range passed me by, its really pretty.

We had to do some searching to find some fabric still available in Australia to finish the border and pieced back. Being a little pushed for time we settled on a simple criss cross quilting pattern and lines lengthways around the borders.

The pattern is my from my free tutorial on the Moda Bake Shop.
Instead of blending the colours from top to bottom, she blended them across on the angle which gives a nice effect too.


Not the best photo as the only dry place to photograph quilts at the moment is the clothesline in full sun which always gives a washed out look. The first photo shows the true colours better.



1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful!!! I love the colours and the large boarders just frame it soo beautifully.

    ReplyDelete