Saturday, January 28, 2012

Craft cyclone.


Mid week saw a reunion of crafty souls.
Abbe polished up the fine china and hosted this time.

Funny bunch of really inspiring girls.
Inspiring bunch of funny girls.
Not sure how to say that so its sounds right.
They all know what I mean.

We laughed, we crafted, we ate.

I only took a couple of photos. Quite sidetracked really.


Kate brought her basket of wool.
I think I want to buy some wool just so I can have a basket like this to look at.
I forgot to get a crochet lesson. Next time.


Pippwillow's felt creations, how sweet are they!
We are trying desperately to convert her to a quilter. I hope we didn't scare her off. Will wait and see.
Whack another border on if in doubt Peta.


Bianca, was swooning. These blocks are twice the size I thought they were going to be.
Her quilt is going to look amazing.

Fi whipped up two, yes two quilt tops for the day. Abbe bound a UFO and I started tracing blocks for a stitchery quilt. Honestly I couldn't concentrate on much else. It was a cyclone of craft and conversation.

7 comments:

  1. Tee hee what a brilliant day we had. Thanks for the scrummy pavs, that swanky kitchen and super dooper oven obviously works.
    Looking forward to the next catch up.
    Me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun. I like the look of that basket of wool, too. The wool and the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely it must be to get together and craft with those like minded crafty people.
    Yes that basket of wool is mesmerizing isn't it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still laugh that I hoped to finish all that wool that day.
    What was I thinking??
    Was so ace to spend the day together.
    We must do it again soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was/am afraid of quilting..but at least I came home determined to cut my squares somewhat straighter and make the 'one day' quilt a little less "rustic", it will be made though. I had the best day - loved it. Would LOVE to aim for more frequent than annual..thanks again for the tips and teaching (still proudly showing off my shirrrrrrring. P xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful day together. The swoon blocks are magnificent, the basket of wool is an art work in itself and the little felted crafts are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've learn a few just right stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you place to make such a great informative site.
    Acronova Nimbie NB11 USB Auto Loading Duplicator

    ReplyDelete