Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bliss quilt back.

So having finished the front it was time to think about the back of my Bliss quilt. I had in mind it would be a pieced back from scraps and additional fabric I'd bought.


I made a narrow panel in the centre from the left over half square triangles, framed it in white and just kept adding fabric until it arrived at the right size. Nothing too scientific.

Did I mention this quilt is H U G E!!!
Note: 4 year old child in corner for size comparison.


It must be getting close to 40 degrees outside today so I think I'll stick inside and baste this quilt. Unfortunately I've run out of thread so I won't be quilting it this weekend.



5 comments:

  1. Will it confuse things if I use a nine month old child when doing size comparisons...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ..... Love it. Great way to use up leftovers ;o)!!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are soooo nice,reminds me of Gelato.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! That is beautiful, like sorbet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pieced back. I've been doing that more and more lately.

    Couple questions...
    1. Do you find it harder to machine quilt when your back is pieced?

    2. Do you thread or pin baste for machine quilting?

    The heat down your way is terrible. We've been lucky so far (NSW South Coast) but know we'll get hit eventually.

    ReplyDelete