Saturday, January 28, 2012

Australia Day.

Well, I'm not sure where last week went.
Having been away for quite a lot of the school holidays we had a week at home doing house and farm jobs.


We had Australia Day at home. Our town always has a free cooked breakfast and small ceremony with a guest speaker. Everyone sits outside in the shade of the gum trees to listen. Quite Australian.
Mr. Eight and a couple of his friends from school were asked to raise the flags during the ceremony.
Laura Anderson was our guest speaker, I'm feeling very inspired, she was great to listen to.


One of the joys of living in Australia - the snakes.
This brown snake was under my clothes line earlier in the week.
Haven't seen him since.
Like a good blogger I just happened to have my camera around my neck.



No comments:

Post a Comment