Monday, December 5, 2011

The Kindergarten Quilt.


Today I finished Miss Muffet's quilt for kindergarten/pre-school next year. The children are asked to bring a blanket for rest/story time. A perfect opportunity to whip up a quilt if you ask me.


Its a pretty simple design, just six inch squares of favourite fabrics. Quite a few from Aunty Corrie's mystery fabric deliveries, a few from our visit to Ballarat Patchwork and some trusty favourites from the stash. In the centre of the quilt, I raw edge appliqued her name. I thought this might be a good idea seeing its going to be in a public place.


Miss Muff chose the binding herself. She couldn't decide on one colour so I said she could choose a several.
Her selection matched perfectly.


Quite innocently she was musing yesterday about the quilts all the other Mum's are making for her fellow pre-students. She was quite sad when I explained that not all mummies can make quilts.


When I get a chance, I'm thinking this could be the quilt to feature on my new blog header. I haven't changed it for twelve months. Its nice to have a fresh new project on there. Though I still do love my Hideaway quilt.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to be a Mummy who CAN make quilts?!!!
    And such pretty ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, very pretty. Miss Muffs choice of binding fabrics are perfect too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    maybe the other mums just need some clever chick to show them how ...

    ReplyDelete