Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bliss, Half Square Triangles Quilt.

My previous post on UFO's has worked, and got me motivated to tackle some unfinished projects.

I've decided to tackle the Bliss, half square triangle quilt first. Here are the original two posts on it from when I started it in November last year. I'm afraid I'm not going to attempt the flying geese like I suggested. Its going to be enormous, I think I'll try flying geese on a smaller quilt first.


I opened another pack of charm squares and made them up into half square triangles with white. I contemplated opening another pack to do more but it still wasn't going to be big enough to come down over the sides of a double bed mattress. I've added two borders instead to make it fit perfectly over the mattress.


A couple of quick shots in the last setting sun for 2011.

Tonight and tomorrow I want to make a pieced back and get it ready for quilting.
Feels good having something closer to finished.

While I'm here, happy New Year to all my blog readers.
Happy stitching in 2012.
xxx





7 comments:

  1. Wow !!! You did it!! It's a lovely quilt. I love the fabrics of Bliss..I also wish you and your family a very happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy new year to you and yours!!! Oh, and I just love your quilt ;o).
    Hugs,
    Joy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just beautiful Julie! Congratulations on getting the top done! Happy New Year! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful quilt Julie! I love the aqua inner border. Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this quilt. I have a considerable stash of Bliss tucked away just waiting for the "right" quilt. Something is now telling me to stop waiting for just the right pattern and do something simple and effective and ..blissful!
    Happy New Year
    p.s. posting my own sordid little UFOs now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Smarty Pants! It's gorgeous and the pieced backing looks ace.
    I just photographed my rather large pile of WIP's...I'm not calling them UFO's because they are getting worked on this year!!! (I hope ;0)
    Abs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete