Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas wrap.




Historic Shirley Hotel, Junee, old Cobb & Co. station.

Oooo, eleven days since my last blog post. Doesn't time fly when you are having fun. We have just returned from a week in sydney. The days leading up to leaving were such a blur with a trip to Melbourne the prior weekend, school finishing so close to Christmas, packing and the two day drive to get there in time. Blogging kind of took a back seat.

So my 2011 Christmas holiday revelations are...

Sydney - is a long long long way away.
There is so much to see in Australia.

Bottle tree, Nerandera.

My kids travel well. There weren't many "are we there yets".

Paternal Grandfather's school.

My brother and wife have a huge house, we could move in and they wouldn't even notice we were there.
Having a Greek sister-in-law gives a different and yummy twist to Christmas dinner.


My kids must almost have every lego set ever created.
My husband and brother must nearly have every gadget Apple ever created.


Grown ups playing dominoes.

I like my own new "i" gadget.
It would be really nice to live closer to Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and cousins.
My eight year old loves the surf and was diving under waves like he does it every day.
My four year old would love some little sisters.

The kids at Manly beach with their cousins.

If Retromummy (sister-in-law) ever goes missing I know where to look.
She will be stuck somewhere in/under/amongst her craft room. OMG.
My craft stash is nothing!!!
The husband lovingly embraced me when he saw Corrie's room.


The Christmas skirts for Retromummy's girls.


Random bits...

I can still read two novels in three days.
I always eat too much chocolate.
Afternoon naps are great.
After a whole day shopping I realise I am retail deprived
It's nice having someone to shop with.
I need to remember to carry my camera around.
I could never handle Sydney traffic and congestion.
I like having no neighbours.
We need to plant more trees on our farm.
I would like to live on a hill, even have a view of a hill.
I'm dying to get back into some sewing.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.
Happy New Year too.





5 comments:

  1. I missed you!
    Glad you had fun and I hope the new year brings you LOTS of fabric, crafty times and good machine tension. Oh and lots of crafty play dates with me :o)
    Ab xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My perplexing question is - how did you and hubby end up on a farm in country Victoria?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You busy little bee. I missed you too.
    I too need to carry my camera with me also.
    Wishing you and your family a lovely new year. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice trip you had!!
    I wish you a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I recognized that tree!!! Narrandera is a pretty town, we have been here for 10 1/2 years now. Love how it is central to all the big cities :)

    ReplyDelete