Thursday, December 8, 2011

Aviary quilt


This week I'm pretending I'm one of those awesome bloggers who seem to pop out a new quilt every few days so here's my second finish for the week!


Its a quilt I started about four years ago in the Moda's pretty Aviary range of fabrics. One of my favourites. This was one of my designs I made a test quilt out of for the Moda Bake Shop. Unfortunately I felt it didn't make the grade.


The main problem was the room for error when sewing narrow honeybun strips together. If your seam allowance is slightly out or you stretch as you sew at all this quilt could easily go pear shaped. I didn't want people to be disappointed if their version didn't work out right.


A pretty quilt for the collection all the same.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt Julie - you have been a busy girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink and green combination. This is such a pretty quilt. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precioso y los colores me encantan,un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt. It's different than what's being done generally. It has a very gentle feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is beautiful. I still have two Aviary JR's in my stash waiting to make a chevron quilt. One Day......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is beautiful. :o)
    I am admiring how perfect your mitered corners are!! :o) Do you cut your binding at 2"?
    Have a nice weekend.
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete