Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Re-loved.

Top made from "re-loved" fabric.

The other day I asked the question about what I should refer to the clothes I make from old fabrics.
Re-used, recycled, rehashed etc????
The two terms I hadn't come up with were up-cycled and re-fashioned, thankyou to my readers for those.

I think up-cycled for suits more for unused fabric and re-fashioned more to do with clothing that has been remade into something else.

THEN my Mum came up with

RE-LOVED!!!

Isn't that the best word. Someone obviously loved the fabric enough to buy it forty years ago, unfortunately never got to make it into anything and put it in her 'stash'. Then I come along to a garage sale/op shop, find it and fall in love with it all over again.

So re-loved it is.

I wonder if anyone will re-love the fabrics at the bottom of my stash in forty years time.


In case you are wondering.
PS. I'm very picky about my old fabrics. They must be unstained, not faded and not smell.

4 comments:

  1. Re-loved is perfect and I'm sure that budding stitcher you have in your house will have used up your stash well before it hits the garage.. :o)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Perfect name. Love the fabric. Going off your dresses etc there will be plenty of people that would want to go through your stash before it hit garage sales or op shops :) Can I be first in line :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, that little top is so sweet. Love that fabric.
    Re-loved is the perfect wording.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have exactly the same dilemma- but your Mum, please tell her that, well, she is a genius!

    ReplyDelete