Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Three hour quilt top.


As I said in my last post I finished a quilt top in a night. Things were a bit slow on TV.

The quilt is for our soon to be kinder girl. The kids are all asked to bring a blanket/quilt for rest time. A perfect opportunity for a new quilt don't you think? Not that I need an excuse to make a new one!

I've raw edge appliqued her name in the centre block and just joined up squares of her favourite fabrics. Its very bright and girly. I think I may need to add another row along the bottom so its a bit more of a useful size but other than that its ready to quilt........well add to the quilting pile if you know what I mean.

5 comments:

  1. What?!?! 3 hours?!?! Amazing!
    You are a clever chick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful top! Miss Muff will enjoy it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful, Julie. Time well spent - very quickly well spent! I've always wanted to do a quick quilt like that for each of my girls. One they can use around the house, take in the car long distance, use for teddy picnics etc. When the reno's finished!

    ReplyDelete