Saturday, August 6, 2011

The floors down.

Well, yesterday was another step closer to having a completed kitchen. The vinyl was laid. I'm so happy with it. I love the feel and the colour. Super colour for a farm house I've decided. The kids have already dropped crumbs and walked in dirt and its not overly obvious. Don't get me wrong, I keep it pretty clean but its nice that its a little disguised until I have time to whip out the vacuum cleaner. Its a lot quieter and seems warmer than our previous old floors.

For those that were interested the vinyl is "Expona" brand in Medium Oak.

It still looks a bit scruffy around the edges because the skirting boards and kick boards aren't on yet. Tiling is next then I have to get my paintbrush out then and do the fiddly bits.


The Butler's Pantry looking a little better than it used to. Do you think he'll approve, the butler that is, I'm still accepting applications if you know of one that will work for love not money!

6 comments:

  1. It looks fantastic! So nice to have a beautiful new kitchen.... and I'm all for floors that disguise dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the area's looking great. Gosh I want a Butler's Pantry ...hopefully one day. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I've been waiting to see how it looks! Love it! I can see why you are so happy. Is it soft to walk on? Thanks for the name, I'm going to look into vinyl for our floors too. Enjoy your new space, it's looking ace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like the butler and the pantry LOL!! Love your floors great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks brilliant! I'm sure Geves will fine it comfortable on his feet when he is butlering in the pantry...can we use him to car our shopping when we do our patchwork trawls?

    ReplyDelete