Monday, July 18, 2011

Spinning.


I can't believe where blogging has taken me.

I've made new friends, and yes I class them as real friends. Does it really matter how you met? These people think like I do, like the same things I do and "get" me. When you live on the outskirts of a town of 400 people finding cool crafty people to hang out with is difficult. I love my on-line crafty friend chats and occasional rendezvous. Having said that I still love where we live so blogging etc. gives me the best of both.

I also love that through blogging I've been able to learn about online selling, set up a little shop, and make a little pocket money. Once again living in a small country town, job opportunities are limited. It really doesn't matter where you live any more, if you have an internet connection, you can do almost anything. There is so much information just at your fingertips.

I've been able to satisfy my inner shop keeper by setting up a Madeit Shop. I'm starting to get some really interesting leads to other ventures since opening the shop. In fact three in the last few weeks alone. Its sort of exciting and scary all at the same time.

I'm spinning around in circles in my sewing room wondering where to start!

Who would have thought all this was going on in my house, down country road, surrounded by paddocks and cows.

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh it sounds very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because we are friends I can tell you I love your drawers ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shop, love those dresses. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully said Jules !!! The sky's the limit !! Thanks for the cuppa and chats ! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know you are in a good space when there's more going around in your head than you have time to do. Go for it Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The www has made the world a very small place indeed. Like Ms.Copper Patch, I like the draws below too - are they wider than the usual draw - don't want to get to personal though, asking about your wide draws.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the the spelling :)
    Good luck with your leads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it sounds like you are going to start an adventure! I wish you all the best!
    And I LOVE your kitchen by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, i can feel the buzz & hell yeah, what does it matter where or how you make your friends, friends are FRIENDS!! Love this post, it's so exciting & i'm thrilled for you, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds exciting Julie. Your new kitchen is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is really about me isn't it ;)

    I still pinch myself some days. Blogs I have read for what feels like forever, are now people that I talk to every week! Amazing :) Friends are awesome regardless of where they come from.

    Cant wait for a roast in that kitchen!! xox

    ReplyDelete