Saturday, July 2, 2011

A quilty finish for a friend.


Back in January a friend asked me to make a quilt to match one she had won in a raffle. She has two single beds and wanted one for each bed. I've been able to make it it purely from mine and Mum's stash. We were able to find colours pretty similar to the original. Have a look back here at this post, it shows the two together.

So after hanging over the back of my chair for a couple of weeks, I finally found ten minutes to make a label for it last night. We are going to give it to her today. We sort of came to an arrangement re price because she wanted to pay me to make it, but I've insisted she have it as her eightieth birthday present seeing she wouldn't let me buy her a gift.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, Julie. And what a wonderful gift for your dear friend. I'm sure she will appreciate it very much. ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! She´ll love it!!

    ReplyDelete