Sunday, July 10, 2011

Family weekend.


This weekend we have had a family wedding. Its been a weekend of cousins for the kids. Having all the cousins together is a rare occurrence. I don't think we have all been together, even for Christmas for quite some time. Friday the first visitors arrived, Retromummy and Co. There was a fleeting shopping trip to the Bendigo Woolen Mills. I bought so much stuff, well, thats what Corrie is telling Retrodaddy. I don't think he was convinced.

We came back to Echuca braved the cold and had a wander around the historic area, lolly shop etc. Followed by another brief diversion by the mummies to a fabric shop. So with the shopping out of the way the weekend proceeded. Saturday morning we attending the wedding.

Wasn't the cake magnificent.


Don't ask me how, but we managed to get a photo of all the cousins together. We only had one stray, hence Retrodaddy's inclusion in the photo. The girls all adored their "big girl" cousin and the boys all loved having some mates to play with.

On the fashion front. I totally chickened out on the zip insertion and leaving it so late I would have been doing it under pressure so while walking around Echuca I spied this little layered green ruffle dress....perfect!!! Cardigan courtesy of Grandma. I bought more wool on Friday for her to make another one.

It also had excellent twirlability.


I was very happy with my frock too. Don't worry I had a cardy and trench coat on as well most of the day.


And, you know how Corrie goes on and on on her blog about how cute Elodie is......she's right.
She's the cutest, quietest, smiliest, cuddliest baby out. I managed a few cuddles.

7 comments:

  1. I love Miss Muffs dress, she looks totally cute and adorable and the twirlability, well, spot on..! Her Mum looks pretty good too, nice photo Julie and yes the cake is awesome, were the flowers sugar or real?
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both dresses - oh, frocks! - gorgeous pics!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. That cake is beautiful..love those flannel flowers.
    Zara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice report!!!! Great pictures. You ´ve certainly been having a great time. I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jules. Stunning!!! Poor Joe must have had to use all his willpower not to skip the wedding. Hot mamma! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwww love that photo of you! gorgeous!!!!! it was a great weekend and we need more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake look great.. Love the woolen mill truck. look like all your family and friend had one great day together.

    ReplyDelete