Sunday, June 19, 2011

Before.


I really don't want to put these photos on my blog but I love looking at other blogger's renovation before and after photos so I'd better play the game. If you haven't guessed, we are starting our kitchen renovation.

So its goodbye to

My 70's brown timber laminate cupboards.

Pale aqua walls.

Lino repaired with sticky tape.

Zero water pressure in my cold tap.

One sink.

My ladder (expertly hung by husband using his "truckin knots").

My curved corner shelves (60's)........totally useless.

The 60's overbench cabinet (already removed) that everyone banged their head on.


I can't wait to say hello to

Drawers, lots of drawers.

A proper range hood.

A dishwasher.

Two sinks.

An appliance cupboard.

New flooring.

New plaster.

A new door into what will hopefully become a butlers pantry in stage 2!

I'm already in love with the oven and having a gas cooktop.

I'll put a few progress pics in as we go. I'm not sure how much crafty stuff will be achieved the next few weeks but I have a good excuse don't I!


14 comments:

  1. Oh wow Julie! How exciting! looking forward to seeing the transformation there! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you do!!!!! Good luck, have lots of fun and we will be waiting for more pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, remember to breathe when things start to happen...deep breathes always help with renos...
    Have fun..
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting - and yep I am guilty of loving the reno picstoo, especially when we get a before shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. see those curved shelves i beat you on that I have lovely curved cupboards and then the grey marbley look laminate bench tops with the metal edge.........50-60's here I come..........oh and you should see the light.............dreaming of a new kitchen........

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new kitchen is always exciting. You will LOVE your dishwasher and Chookyblue has a really charming kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohooo, finally! How exciting....enjoy the renos and can't wait to see your new kitchen....

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are waiting of new photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the progress, we are waiting on plans to come back for our Reno, a third of our house is going to go and be rebuilt. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you l can not wait to see the end result it sounds great.


    Hugs Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. On the upside you have a lovely window and gorgeous high ceilings... Can't wait to see what you put in your space.

    ReplyDelete
  12. can't wait to see the progress! I have the worst kitchen ever so I feel your pain! Yours is bigger than mine so you're lucky there

    corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome, can't wait to see the progress shots and the final "after" pics. Love a good makeover - sounds like it will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see the progress, so exciting for you. We are doing the same at the moment too with new floors and kitchen going in before the end of the year. I must blog pics too.

    ReplyDelete