Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hens party.


Well, what a weekend I've had!
A girlfriend and I put a few late hours during the week into preparing for another friend's hens day. Shes a veterinarian so we had lots of ideas to work with. She gets married in two weeks.

I thought I'd better blog it seeing I did the sewing.
We started with a lovely green surgical gown from the local vet surgery, trimmed it around the neck, sleeves and bottom with wide white lace, made a short tule underskirt and stitched on squares on which we had written some, lets say, inventive slogans. Things along the lines of

"Don't worry I've been vaccinated"
"I'm up to my knees in it now"
"Do you need de-horning"

The girls on the day came up with numerous others we could have used, but I won't be printing here.


Lots of additional accessories were presented to her, surgical mask, pink gumboots, cow print socks, AI gloves, all with memorable stories and marital tips to go with them.

Glad you had a great day Amy.
I haven't laughed so much in ages. xxx

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a lot of fun!! Your friend looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun .... LOVE the party frock LOL!!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete