Saturday, April 9, 2011

Filling the rack.


Dragonfly shirred top.

My list of things to do is not getting any shorter. My time lately has been mostly devoted to mothering, wifeing, some paid employment and filling my clothing rack for market in two weeks. Eeek. I never feel like I've made enough stuff.

For the couple of people waiting on queen size quilt instructions for my last Moda quilt design, they are coming, sorry about the delay but my head just haven't been in pattern writing mode. I want to make sure its right.

Leaves shirred top.

Here's a few of this week's little tops. There will be more coming for my Madeit shop after the market. I'm buying bolts of fabric now for clothing making. I'm learning. I used to only buy short lengths of fabric and make up one or two sizes. I am constantly getting requests for a broader range of sizes so I'm hoping by purchasing by the bolt I can offer more sizes from the start. It will save trying to re-source fabric for custom orders. I'm also reconsidering offering custom making. Does anyone else find it really time consuming. I can make three outfits in the time it takes to do one custom order. I'm not complaining, its been very rewarding but its just getting harder and harder to find time. All unsold stock going on to my Madeit shop after Easter. Slim pickings on there at the moment sorry.

Butterfly shirred top.

A bit of late night net surfing turned up this book, price reduced on Fishpond. It arrived yesterday in time for some holiday reading. Lots of cute little simple things to make.


Its the first day of school holidays here. Its a hot north wind blowing kind of day. Not nice but hopefully a little rain on the way before the garden dries up to a crisp.

Plans are underway for an eight year old's birthday next Friday. If everyone comes we will have 12 boys to entertain!!!! Lucky hubby is a teacher, I've told him he's in charge of entertainment, I'll do the catering.

No comments:

Post a Comment