Monday, March 21, 2011

Hand sewing and some new/old fabric.


Its raining here today.
I've been waiting for a wet day do sit in front of my big lounge window in my comfy chair and sew the binding on this quilt. Its a UFO that I'm taking to market or may end up on Madeit.


I had a quick trip into the post office to to post off orders this morning.An elderly lady friend told me she had been sorting cupboards out and had a box of fabric for me


Don't you love the fabric with the little girls and boy on it. I'll have to do something special with that. A couple of other vintage gems in the box too. Must take her in a few eggs and peaches to say thankyou.

She's also part of our local Red Cross group and I've decided to donate my two "Quilts for Queensland" the group to raffle. (Corrie's cool with the idea.) The Red Cross have helped out local people that have been/still are flooded.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea Julie, sometimes it's good to help the helpers...!
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I like all those fabrics, what a score! And the quilts is gorgeous, love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete