Friday, March 18, 2011

Catch up.

So what's been happening in your neck of the woods.
Is anyone else wondering where this last week went!


I've got a few bloggy catch up jobs to attend to this weekend. I met a lovely lady in a Bendigo patchwork shop last week and promised to send her some links to patterns of the tops Miss Muff and I were wearing. Her little girl was the same age and she was also wearing cute a little hand made dress. The lady was buying binding fabric for a russian doll quilt she had made. I kind of "had to have" some when I saw her quilt. shhh

I also need to write a blog post(s) with instructions on how to make my Moda Bake Shop Postage Stamp quilt into a queen size. I've also had the same request for my Cabins in the Hills quilt so I'll have to get calculating and work it out for everyone.


I had a day without internet this week which resulted in a sewing room shuffle around. I got all my market things together, finished some dresses, made some key rings and hair ties and finished quilting this lap quilt which I think I'll sell. Its just a simple charm square quilt and just needs binding now. I'm waiting for a cold rainy night to sit on the couch and do that.

I have completed a few custom dress orders this week after finally getting hold of some more tulip fabric.
I also made up a little pair of tractor shorts for a friend's little boy for his birthday.
Do you think he will notice the tractors are up-side-down. Big oops
Oh well, they will look the right way up to him when he's wearing them.

Well, I really feel like I haven't done anything this week but when you sit down and look back I accomplished quite bit after all. I'm not sure what the next few days will hold.......a little girl here has gone to bed with a temperature, I'm hoping its nothing too serious.

4 comments:

  1. You cannot complain!!! You got a lot accomplished. Nothing has been done here!
    And I think the same way you do about the tractor shorts. The little boy will enjoy looking at them!
    I hope Miss Muff is ok tomorrow!
    Have a nice week end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric Julie! I look forward to seeing what you create with it...
    Great charm quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once the little boy puts his shorts on, the tractors WILL be in the right direction!!! Think about it. He will be looking down at them and they will be perfect!! LOL Have a great day! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Julie, I started to make the quilt "Postage Stamp quilt" from the Moda Bake Shop. I use a Jelly rol from "Fandango" by Kate Spain. It's very fun to do, easy and you have a fast result. Take a look on my blog and leave a message, I really like that!! Have a great weekend! Love from Margreet

    ReplyDelete