Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Scraps.

Yesterday I helped a friend cut out her first quilt she is making for her daughter. I forgot to take a photo but here are the scraps, its going to be very bright but should look good. Its their own design, the lady in Spotlight calculated just the right of fabric which was a good effort, we thought we were going to be short for a moment but it all worked out. The sashing fabric is a wide stripe fabric which caused some angst and lots of calculations but we got there.

6 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun fabrics! Every child would love a quilt mad with such brightness!!
    Glad it all worked out with the cutting! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit cross I didn't buy more of that star fabric when I had the chance. It is just fabulous in a quilt. I made a wonky star one from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a gorgeous pile of scraps! Don't forget to take pics of the finished product and don't let her start colleting silly small scraps like I was - I had to go through all the bloody things yesterday. Amazing what you think you will use!!!
    Ab xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gee, I am impressed with spotlight customer service- that doesn't usually happen where I go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love doing a massive cutting session then having the prettiest scraps in the garbage ever!! I get good service at Spotlight, but i go straight after school drop off so they can take the time & i aim for the older ladies to service me, who have experience. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful bright fabrics - should make a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete