Monday, February 7, 2011

No sewing.


I didn't achieve anything crafty over the weekend. We spent most of our time mowing, and cleaning up around the house seeing we had some fine and not too hot or wet weather. Saturday we discovered our nectaraines didn't cope well with the hot, humid/wet weather. We were starting to lose some of the fruit splitting and going rotten (in one day!) so we had to pick all the remaining fruit. So a lot of Saturday was spent stewing fruit for the freezer. The same thing happened with our apricots two weeks ago, our peaches won't be ripe for a few more weeks, I hope we don't lose many of them either.

I spent an hour up this ladder in the rain.
How was your weekend?


2 comments:

  1. It just looks like a tree. Somehow, I thought a nectarine tree would look more distinctive. How lucky you are to have so many different types of fruit trees. We had a cherry tree but the birds discovered it, so there's none for us. We had a plum tree and the ants moved into its trunk and it ended up killing the tree. Clearly, I don't like pesticides. Is there no other way, I wonder. I'd like to share but I get none.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... You are sooo lucky to be able to grow fresh fruit where you live Julie!! Here, some, but not much!!!

    ReplyDelete