Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Garden art ideas.

While we were in Melbourne over Christmas we visited the McClelland Gallery and Sculpture Park. Its set over 16 acres and you just wander down the bush tracks to find the forty or so sculptures. The kids loved it. A nice "free" outing if you are looking for an interesting picnic spot over the holidays. Its in Langwarrin.

Here's a few of the exhibits.

Not sure what this was supposed to be or represent but it looked good.


Yarn woven around trees like a big spider web.

A very warped car.

Giant steel beetle.

Fallen tree and sliced up silo.

The labyrinth.



I think I've nearly caught up now, except for the Christmas letter. I'm calling it the "year in review" now seeing I didn't get around to e-mailing it before Christmas. I think that might become a new tradition in this house. I'll write all our friends a nice chatty email with photos (like an extended blog post) and that can suffice instead of Christmas cards. I did it last year too and it was well received. There seems to be more time in January for that type of thing.


3 comments:

  1. The sculpture park looks like fun. I'll have to try to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're in Melb and I've never heard of this fabulous looking park.
    Now on the holiday to do list.
    THANKS!!!!!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like a really fun place to explore!

    ReplyDelete