I've been working on the quilt our quilt group is donating to the CFA to use to raise funds.
I went into our local quilt shop to get a little more fabric for the backing. She ended up giving me the red which was enough to finish making a pieced back with what I had. Purple, red and yellow aren't colours I have a lot of and what I had I used up in this quilt.
I just used a length of red and purple and joined them with left overs like a stacked coin quilt.
Its all basted and ready to quilt now.
As promised a couple of close up of the blocks people made using "Up the Garden Path" as the theme.
There's quite a lot of work in them.
Don't you love the praying mantis. The lady who made this one is super talented and my "go to" person for quilty dramas, AND she lives around the corner. Handy when Mum's so far away.
I'm looking forward to quilting it. Its going to be a bit of a challenge but a good chance to experiment with some quilting pattern ideas I've seen.