Thursday, December 9, 2010

The new tops.

I've made two more peasant tops for myself.


Ab , here's the blue made up.

These are so quick to do. I've altered my pattern once again. This time I've shirred around the neck. I put two darts in the front (I won't tell you how many times I stabbed myself in the boob trying to work out where to put them), and I shirred a small strip across the back to bring them in at the waist a little without being tight.

I may take a little more notice of the print placement next time. That white flower is huge isn't it! The husband thought this fabric would made a nice shower curtain..........I made it anyway.


So, so comfortable.
Love them.
OK, thats enough photos of me for a while.

Here's the back Kate!
Measure in about 6 inches from the side seam at the waist and do 4-5 horizontal lines of shirring.
Bit of trial and error but I think I got it in the end.


12 comments:

  1. Ha! So happy to hear I'm not the only one who stabs herself when working out the fit of a garment. So can we please see a pic of the back. I've been trying to shir the back of a dress for better fitting but I can't seem to place the shirs properly. Vertically or horizontally?
    Love the hair too. Really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jules!
    I know I am asking for a lot but one more question: how far from the top to the top row of shirrs?
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tops all look terrific Julie - as does your haircut! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put the shirring about waist height Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look fabulous Julie ... that style really suits you!!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fabulous Julie ... that style really suits you!!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. can I just say how great your hair is looking!!!!!! love the tops too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great, and I love the red shower curtain one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouuuuch!!! Did you have to put band aids around your boob??haha!!! The tops look great. I can´t believe your husband said it looked like a shower curtain. I would need that fabric to have a dress made for myself. But I need the white flower right on my butt, which is too flat for a latin woman. Maybe it helps to look a bit bigger.....or not....everyone´s eyes will be looking there just to realize there is nothing to look at. haha ...sorry I am talking to myself ...in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shower curtain ?!?!? Ahh ...boys....crazy!
    It makes a lovely top. You're very clever - maybe a padded bra for protection next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work with the tops Julie - its great to have custom made clothes. Tops from the shop are never long enough for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, I have been meaning to leave a comment for a while about your tops. They look fantastic! Anyone who can sew garments to fit have legendary status in my books. I'm sorry to hear about your finger. Ouch! Hope it heals soon so that you can get back to your sewing. Happy Christmas to you & your family. Best wishes, Ros x

    ReplyDelete