Saturday, December 4, 2010

My second quilt for Moda's Bake Shop.


I've measured, I've cut, I've mixed and I've baked and its now out of the oven.......


Wild Rose Postage Stamp Quilt.


I've been wanting to make a postage stamp quilt from either a jelly roll or honey buns for ages. To be able to do it for the Bake Shop made it very special. I love the Wild Rose range I was sent, lovely gentle toned florals, delicate prints and ticking stripes.

My girlfriend Mel and I had a funny afternoon taking the final photos for this design. Between the larikan tradesman who insisted we take some action shots of him and the quilt........

to the four and three year old who were following us around, it was quite an entertaining afternoon.


More photos and instructions here.


8 comments:

  1. It is lovely and I like the extra snaps of the helpers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, your quilt is beautiful. Congratulations! I really love how you have grouped the colours. Very clever & effective. And yes, the 'quilt with legs' is very cute. So helpful of the tradesman to offer to add the finishing touches with his drill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures and lovely quilt. Im off to the bake shop to take a closer look.
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, Julie. You must work well into the night to get so much done! I'd love to know how long you spent on this one. Congratulations, I'm sure it will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Jules, another fabulous recipe - the healthy kind of baking! Love the action shot of Mr Burly but that drill looks alarmingly close to the quilt.
    Congrats,
    Ab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! Looking good Julie! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a LOVELY quilt!

    The ginger bread houses look great - even as a old house! Good thinking doing it two D...

    ReplyDelete