Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Random things.





Basting hexagons.....strangely therapeutic, definitely a new addiction.

Finished applique on engagement quilt, borders on later today.

The flower girl's dress arrived.....its adorable, no photos, we don't want to spoil the surprise.

Made a yummy batch of coconut macaroons.....no one else here really likes them.....guess Ill have to eat the batch.

Husband informs me I sewed the button on his pants on the wrong side. Mind you he's been living with it for a month because he was too scared to tell me because it took me about two months to actually get around to fixing it in the first place. He threatened to tell my crafty bloggers so I'm beating him to it.

8 comments:

  1. I just laughed so hard. Not my husband though. He is just moving his head meaning he totally understand your husband!!!! Do we all do the same???I hate to sew buttons and stuff like that. I would just glue them!!!!
    Can´t wait to see the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh about the button. Mick always says he can never get a button sewn on - which isn't true as I'd never hear the end of it. Now that I've sorted my buttons I can even find them. On the other hand, I don't know how many pairs of work trousers need patches on the knees or tears fixed. If I had a big day he would have heaps more work trousers. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well next time he'll do it himself will he?? Love the hexies Julie, not tempting me though, I have an allergic reaction to anything with six sides........:o)
    Lizzie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I was wondering if you ever put a stitch out of order...and now I am grinning. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr Burly, trying to use the blogosphere for evil will not work.....well maybe a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hexagons! That's too funny about the button! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my, too funny! do you know how long justin's things sit waiting for mending. He'll hang them over the machine, over the chair, remind me everytime he walks past my machine but there is no love in it for me! you're not alone!

    corrie;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL....he might need to do his own buttons...no crafty sewers enjoy mending!

    ReplyDelete