Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Purchases and planning.


There hasn't been much sewing happening here. I am having a super clean up and de-clutter around the house which seems to be clearing my head for some creativity. In the meantime I've made a couple of purchases. A heart shaped yoyo maker from our local patchwork shop and also some large and small hexagon piecing papers from my personal supplier. I'm planning on using the bigger ones on these two Asian inspired charm packs and maybe putting them on a black background. Something out of my comfort zone. I've had the Koi garden in my stash for about five years and the Momoyama squares I won in Abbe's giveaway last year. I had them put away for a rainy day, and guess what, its raining.


3 comments:

  1. This looks super interesting!
    I love your fabric choice.
    And you will soon find out that hexagones are very addictive!
    I can't wait to see the result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, love to play with hexagons. And those fabrics are SO pretty, I haven't seen them before!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Julie! Since your are on a "clean up/de-cluttering roll, you want to pop on over here and get me rolling in the same direction... Having trouble getting motivated to do so... lol! I'll put the coffee on and make you a cake! 8-)

    How is the boy/coin situation? I hope no complications have developed...

    Love your charm packs! Those fabrics, along with black will look stunning in a hex quilt! 8-)

    Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete