Monday, April 5, 2010

Catch up.


Hello blog. I seem to have abandoned you over Easter.
We had a couple of days in Melbourne with family, in between irrigations.

I mainly worked on the engagement quilt. I have it all cut out and nearly all sewn together. I decided to make it bigger seeing I had a lot of extra fabric. Here it is laid out roughly on the floor before I started sewing the blocks together. Once these are all together I can measure the main border and iron on all the flowers to applique.


Of course there was a trip (or two) to Spotlight. I purchased some fat quarters and some pretty fabrics to do some tops for market and for Miss Muff.


Grandma brought my old dolls pram out of storage for Miss Muff, it was a hit.

All in all a good long weekend, we had Easter hunts, ate too much and Mr Six (or rather Mr Thix) lost both front teeth.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! What a wonderful quilt - can't wait to see what the border looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt - you have just reminded me it is Easter ... off to indulge in a marshmallow egg - yum!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh adorable! julie her hair is so soft and blonde! I'd kill for blonde hair like that (and save money)

    wow 2 teeth in a weekend! my guys all got their teeth really early so wonder will they lose them early....is it a family thing as I was late with mine??????

    so sorry we missed you all at easter but there is christmas!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia your quilt is just gawjus!!! I just love the fabulous scrappy look, whoever receives that is going to treasure it for sure :o).
    Miss Muff's face is just adorable playing with your old pram. Priceless :o)!!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love it Julie, that quilt is going to be so treasured. Love a bit of fence-railing, hope I can make one myself some time.

    BTW I've only just caught up on a heap of your posts... I've been following you in blogger since before you changed your blog address but only just realised that, since the change, your posts haven't been coming through in my google reader. Even though I've checked several times to make sure I'm still following! V strange. Hopefully all rectified now. I hope no one else has had the same issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is looking great. I look forward to seeing it finished.
    Love the little chickie fabric that you bought from Spotty.
    Ab x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha my daughter has my doll's pram exactly the same model!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Julie! The engagement quilt is coming along quite nicely! Love it! 8-)

    Miss Muff looks very happy with her dolly pram!

    Mr Thix... lol! 8-)

    ReplyDelete