Monday, March 22, 2010

Spot top.


I found this fabric red spot fabric at Spotlight last week and bought a couple of metres for little dresses then I decided I liked it too much so I made myself a top. I've tweaked a pattern I had, its very smock like and has elastic around the neck and I shirred the sleeves and bottom instead of leaving them plain. It turned out pretty good for my first go. Next time I'm going to shirr around the neck (teacher husband says it looks too much like an art smock) and I'll also use a lighter weight cotton, this one is a little heavy and blouses out a bit but I think it will be better after a few washes when it softens up. I'm contemplating wearing it to Sew IT Together seeing its in one of the theme colours.......or is that just taking things a little too far?

This is also my first attempt at using my self timer on the camera.

Working on the Engagement Quilt today.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous fabric Julie, the colour really suits you and I think you're right, a few washes and it should sit beautifully. I really like the shirring on the sleeves and the bottom, bit different. The timer worked well I see! Nice to be able to take photo's and still be in the viewfinder yourself isn't it?
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can never have too many red spots :) Great job, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should definitely wear it - then when you receive a compliment about your lovely top, you can reply with "I made it myself"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Jules. Make one for mini-me/mini-you too :o) Remind me to get you to teach me how to do that 'making clothes thing'.
    Ab x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the top - and well done with the self timer ... it is hard to make sure you don't cut your head off

    ReplyDelete
  6. The top looks fantastic! The neckline is really flattering. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe you can make excellent red spot top AND do the self timer! You're one tricky lady.

    ReplyDelete