Sunday, March 28, 2010

Experimenting with colours.


This little dress is a slight variation on the "Flower Girl Dress in the Weekend Sewing book by Heather Ross". I'm experimenting with using contrasting fabrics in my dresses. I not quite as adventurous in my fabric choices as this blog, but you get the idea. This little one also features an original Foxes Lane crochet heart and a pocket I devised last night. I traced a semi circle out using a small bowl to get the shape, added some pleats, put a bit of binding across the top and voila, a pocket.


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous little dress Julie.
    Love the pocket and the use of the heart.
    Thanks so much for the link to that blog. Her clothes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. Right. I should've scrolled down before leaving a comment on the above post! Please ignore.

    Loving the daring-but-not-OTT fabric-mixing.

    ReplyDelete