Thursday, January 14, 2010

Pottering.

Nice lazy days around here at the moment with everyone home.
Pottering in the garden, sewing room and around the house.
I've borrowed this this gadget to make some bindings. I meant to buy one yesterday but forgot when I was shopping.

I did some cutting last night. Still matching colours and bindings for some more dresses.

Do you remember my pumpkin tree experiment back in early December. Well it worked!!! The stake I tied the pumpkin plant up is only now starting to develop a lean. Here's a pic of the pumpkins growing in a stack instead of spreading on the ground. These were supposed to be jap pumpkins (green skins) but I think they must have cross pollinated with the golden nuggets because they have turned out orange.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Julie

    I love your vegie photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey your pumpkin tree worked! It/they look great. We still don't have any pumpkins growing but there is a long vine creeping across the vegie patch so hopefully we will get some. Loving the lazy days too, gorgeous blue sky today and not too hot! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to remember the pumpkin tree next year I think, looks great and how practical, no nasty surprises lurking beneath.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pumpkin tree, well done!!
    I have a bias binding maker, but i've never used it, um, easier to buy it, i know, lazy & not often really want i want. Any time you want to feature a bias binding making tutorial, i'm in the front row. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pottering days. Your veg looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I just happened to stumble across your blog and its so pretty - especially your header! The pinks in your material is very so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. now that is what I call a pumpkin or two! wow huge!

    I love my bias binding makers! always lose a few but love them!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pumpkin tree is excellent, my vegie garden is a disgrace at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Make sure you use a stronger stake and ties than I did if anyone plans to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I just can't get the hang of those bias makers....
    I love the pumpkin tree idea~

    ReplyDelete