Monday, January 4, 2010

New brother.


Some retrospective blogging today.
My Mum arrived two days before Christmas with my new brother.
Giggle.

It was an absolute bargain, $110, reduced from $350. They were half price at Spotty before Christmas combined with a 35% discount voucher could you really go wrong? After all my machine issues this year its nice to have something a little newer to sew on until I can get a fancy pants machine. Mum bought one too to take to her patchwork groups so she doesn't have to carry her expensive machine around. I know three other ladies who bought one too, I'd love to know how many Spotlight sold?

Anyway, it sews really well, I have a 1/4 inch foot, yay, and I can buy a walking foot for it. It does lots more fancy stitches than I'll ever use and a snazzy bobbin system. I like how I can see how much thread I have left. I think I've nearly got my money's worth out of it all ready but you will have to wait and see what I've been up to. A reveal before the holidays are over. I've bargained some uninterrupted sewing days with the male of the house, he's getting some play days too.

I finally got around to taping a tape measure to my desk, they have a habit of disappearing, usually being dragged around behind a two year old. This one ain't going nowhere! It was a toss up whether to have the inches or cms facing up, I work with both. Inches it was, I'll probably tape a second one next to it.

15 comments:

  1. Hey Julie! I bought myself a Brother just like that this week, hope it lasts forever! I love working in it already. Have fun!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at the very same one, popular aren't they? Now I've read your review, I might just have to buy me one, being able to see the bobbin would have to be the clincher. It's the best type of new brother to have I reckon!!
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Julie, can't wait to see what you do with it! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply lovely.
    What a great bargain. I like the idea of taping a measure to the table, i will adopt that one too. Looking forward to seeing what you have been making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like lots of sewing will happen now. Haven't you got a nice Mum! Looking forward to your big reveal. I like your deal of special "Me" time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming addition to the family. Looking forward to seeing your creations.
    Ab x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a greaty buy julie!!!!!! gosh its a good buy! as a mother of 2 brothers you'll love it! mind you mine is pink which I really like!

    Corrie;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! What a great buy! I can't wait to see what you're making with it. What a clever idea to attach a tape measure to your sewing desk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your new "brother"! I have one just like it and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a great buy!!! Can't wait to see what you've made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. have fun with your new machine...........

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year Julie. Wishing you loads of enjoyment from your new Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's such a cutie! Have fun with your new toy ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A darling little machine Julie, and what a steal of a deal! Good for you! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooooh - how exciting Julie !!! And I just love your little fairy skirt for maggie may and Missy Moo. Cute as a button ! And yes, you do need a DSLR - I would be lost without mine now !!! However, your photos are totally beautiful just the same - you would just have so much fun playing with a DSLR that is all (and you can do so much more with them - there is no way I could have taken the pictures of the roses on my blogg without it !!) Looking forward to catching up really soon !! XX

    ReplyDelete