Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tops and togs.

I've had a nice sewing day today.  Finished lots of these little tops.  I'm trying some new straps.  Miss Muff's tops have the ties and when she's bored they are soon pulled undone or are being chewed on.  These straps are just ready made binding strips sewn together done the sides then fastened on.  Really cute, no slipping off the shoulders either.


The pink version.  

Note, the very co-operative model today.  I have delivered a small box of them to a customer today to choose some for her little girls.  Must cut some more out tonight.

More from Daylesford.  I found these togs (bathers) in a the great little shop called The Lark.  I instantly thought of Kesenya when I saw them.  I was right, she loves them.  I wouldn't even mind a pair but they might be slightly out of my price range for bathers at the moment considering I only get in a pool about three times a year.  Kesenya did enlighten me they aren't necessarily for swimming but more for "swanning" about the pool.  True.

The other little lady that lives around here got a new dress today too.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sewing today Julie.
    I especially like the new straps! Must try that one.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I liked the straps and of course the dresses and those swimmers are just right for swanning around , as we do , lol !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new straps, they work really well. Excellent modelling again by Ms Muff.
    Ab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh all that swanning about that you have time do ...they wouod be perfect.
    love that teeny top and the even teenier dress.
    (Got a comment form the man himself today...how goes his proposed blog ? and will it be called "all things Burly"?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The straps turned out really well and I love Maggie Mae's summer outfit. Wouldn't it be just lovely to swan around in a nice cozzy....only I think everyone would run a mile if it was me wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post Julie, great photo's too. The little tops are so sweet, and the straps a good idea. Is that one of Jodies dolls? Cute outfit xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new straps are great as is the new dress for the doll!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous love the straps! just got a new puter with a big huge screen so your blog is looking faaaaabulous! everything is so big! it's like discovering blogs for the first time!
    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how gorgeous are those little tops. I love the bathers too, they look beautiful. Even the doll gets a new dress, you have been very busy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie - your little model just gets cuter and cuter !!! And I am all ready to swan by the pool tomorrow night with you - got my glam sunnies, a blue polkadot vintage style cossie and a big broad brimmed hat....just dont ask me to swim!!! Ha ha !! Your blog is always so inspiring honey - I just cant get enough !!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. More cuties... Good alternative for the straps problem!!! Looks good too!!! Dolly looks great in her new threads too! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea with the straps! Very cute little top. And I just realised, where does she get the gorgeous blonde hair from? xox

    ReplyDelete