Saturday, December 12, 2009

Somewhere else to dust.

After  a week of painting and sanding my new shelf was ready to put up today.  My lovely clean work bench here is usually covered in fabric etc, I needed a shelf in easy reach to put things (scissors, bobbins, pin, needles, bindings etc) in easy reach for me but out of reach of my occasional 2 year old "helper".  I think it looks quite pretty.

Mr Burly suggested I hot glue some buttons to cover the nail holes, he's so crafty isn't he!
Personally I was thinking a dob of white paint on each would do fine.


9 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea! the shelf is a great one cos it does not take away any space, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A shelf is a great idea to keep 2 year old fingers away from unsafe objects... until of course she gets the bright idea of climbing up there... lol! 8-)

    Shelf looks great Julie!
    Very handy! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shelf is wonderful and I love how you've decorated it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great creative space...love the shelf...i like the button idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so nice. I have a new cabinet too, and luckely for me, I don't need to worry about little hands yet

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beaut project to have completed by Christmas. It will free your work counter up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shelf is great, but I really love the Paula Vaughn cross stitch on the shelf! Merry Christmas, Kristy in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks terrific Julie ... and I LOVE the buttons idea!!! How cute would that look??!! ;o)
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete