Monday, December 28, 2009

Shirred top/skirt.

I've been wanting to upsize my shirred top pattern so while I had another of my favourite models (niece) here for a few days I worked out the measurements for an older girls top.  She loved it and wore it as a top over her bathers for half the day....

and a skirt for the other half.   I cut the fabric double her chest measurement, shirred and then sewed up the side seam.  Perfect fit worn high or low. 


The men/boys were having a re-organise in the shed and decided the old family car thats been stored in there needed a wash (three years worth of dust had settled on her), there was lots of reminiscing of journeys had, she washed up nice.





4 comments:

  1. ohhh I'll have to show justin! I'm sure he'll have stories to tell me!

    and hello who is a teenager already! wow she looks great and so do the outfits! well done

    hope you're having fun and are surviving the visitors!
    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece is a cutie! Your pattern for the shirred top/skirt fits her perfectly. You have certainly found the right "formula"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How TERRIFIC for that to be a top OR a skirt!!! She did a good job of modeling it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling niece modeling your darling top/skirt Julie! 8-)
    Catching up now...
    Great bag! Love it!
    Santa's messy reindeer made a mess of the carrots we left once too...;-)
    You've got darling kiddy-beeps there with the bales...
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete