Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Ticking along.

I've been finishing off some half made little dresses.  I have some more local ladies interested in some for Christmas presents for granddaughters.  I'm more than happy to sell via word of mouth, I'm beginning to think the market thing is just a dream.  I'm off to Daylesford Makers Market this weekend to do some more "market research" which will be fun, rumors of quite a few bloggers attending......more fun.

I also decided on these fat quarters to make up a quick little quilt.  I don't have a recipient in mind yet, it may even be a filler for my mythical market stall I keep talking about.   I have the top made, its only a cot/lap size, now I want to experiment with a different free motion pattern to my usual hearts, swirls and stippling.  I think I'll have a browse through Crazy Mom's blog for inspiration.  She does some great work and is one of my favourite blogs.  I think I remember she did some circular quilting.  Found it here it is.


5 comments:

  1. Definitely snap! You've been whipping up such gorgeous little shirred dresses. I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling little dress. Love the fabric Julie! 8-)

    Good luck with your market research!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the market stall, enjoy Daylesford, I have family who live there and visit the markets.

    You could also try the blog 365 days of free motion quilting, she has demos on different designs.

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the addy

    http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dress, beautiful pattern and colours.

    ReplyDelete