Monday, November 30, 2009

Spinning


My head is still spinning from the weekend.

Saturday we packed up and the four of us headed for The Daylesford Makers Market, a mere two hour drive.  The things we do.  The market was fascinating, I've decided I'm stessing too much about what I need to get together for a market stall, I think I'm ready.  I was blown away by the number of bloggers that turned up in their blog puffs.  Every time I turned around there was another one, its so weird being out and having people just come up to you and say Hi Julie I'm "their name followed by their blog name".   I didn't get to catch up with everyone but I left a yoyo biscuit for the puffers with Jodie and Annie so I hope you all got one.  

Mr Burly lapped up all the attention from the girls.   I'm cringing in anticipation of Jodie putting pics on her blog, she cornered him up for photos with his dangly pink puffy thing.

As usual I totally forgot to take photos at the market, I have a habit of doing that but I did get a pic of these girls.  Andi organised to meet for lunch.  Here's Mary, Miss Muff, Abbe, Me and Andi before I realised I had totally lost track of time and had Mr Burly ringing me to say it was probably time we hit the road home as he had to milk for some friends that night.  So no sooner had we sat down for lunch I had to bale on these girls and felt very rude.  So sorry girls.  Abbe and I had had a nice cuppa earlier so I did get some chit chat.


Some goodies from Jodie's stand.  People were about three deep in front of her stand every time I looked over.  Are you surprised!!!!


We also squeezed in a couple of other quick adventures on our travels.  Here's a childs fold out chair from a garage sale for $2, bargain!!!!   Bit of a paint and it will serve as another little photo/market prop for me.

A quick visit to the church where we got married.  I wanted a church in a paddock for our wedding, Mr Burly (for which he will be referred to from now on)  knew of this one at Sandon, his Mum and Dad used to attend here before he was born.  The same lady is still care taking forty years later.  Its been renovated since we got married.  It's a pity they weren't true to the style when it was re-painted.   Its been done in cream and green when originally the cream parts would have been painted white because white paint was cheap in the day in was built.  The paint consultant won out over the congregation on this one but I suppose at least its being looked after and not let tumble down.  As far as I know they only have a service here once a month.



Nine and a half years on, the happy couple, photographed by six year old this time.

Another very brief stop, Threadbear at Castlemaine.


Mum's birthday present.  She's going away so hopefully won't see this before she gets it.  She knows what she is getting as usual so it won't really matter.


I thought I'd get in trouble from a certain group of ladies if I didn't take a pic of this quilt.  It was great to see it for real.  Its such a beautiful shop too, so much fabric and everything beautifully displayed, my only irk is that its hard to get a smile or a conversation out of the girls that work there, maybe I've just struck them on bad days.

Oh, and also on the way home we bought a new ute, as you do!  No photo yet.  We saw it on the side of the road out the front of a farmhouse, knocked on the door, took it for a spin, shook hands and drove off(not in the ute)  all under about 20 minutes.    A lot less painful than dealing with second hand car dealers.   

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! I was there early and I don't do that "hello I am such and such" well so I usually don't do it unless it's a specifically arranged meeting. Glad to hear you had a good time and such a shame about your experience with Threadbear, one of my fav shops as I love repros and I haven't had that experience there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry that I didn't get to Daylesford on Saturday, Jen was flooded in the storms, had a bed floating (practically) so markets become insignificant. Looks like it was a great day too, oh well, next one I guess. Thanks for the photo of the quilt, I was there on Sunday and took some too.
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day out Julie! Loved the note at the end about buying a ute (as you do).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you packed so much into your day - Sounds like you had a fdantastic time and that little chair - YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post Julie! It was lovely to meet you on Saturday, I wish there had been time for more of a chat but that's markets isn't it? I heard that the town hall has been booked for next year already so hopefully you will be back. Glad you had such a good time and I love the little chair xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so enjoyed this Post - wonderful pics and words, Julie!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your pictures and your tale of that fun weekend. That quilt IS a beauty...glad you got a photo to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to meet you and have a chit chat. Look forward to the next one :)
    Love the chair and the church setting is beautiful. You should chuck a wedding pic on your next post for contrast.
    Maybe I'll be visiting YOUR stall next year....
    Ab xx
    Ps. I hope Mr Burly does crack out the mesh vest at some stage :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a jam-packed weekend.
    Exhausting but fun!!
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
    love the little church! wish I'd been around when you got married but I wasn' t on the scene then!

    Corrie;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie, enjoyed reading your post..when is the next market? Warm Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed visiting my first ever Makers Market ; cobbled up a brooch in the morning and off I set to meet new people. Got there late; didn't meet any bloggers apart from Jodie Ric-Rac and Annie FlowerGarden who I already know but that was good enough! And Jodie gave me stuff - and that was even better - including one of your yoyos. Yum! I'm already looking forward to the next one (market, that is, and hopefully yoyo...).

    ReplyDelete
  13. it is always so much fun meeting up with fellow bloggers..........looks like you made the day chockers..........

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, what a post and what a day out Julie, you sure know how to pack a lot into your time! How wonderful to meet up with the other bloggers, quilting does bring people together. I love your story about the ute!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great weekend you had. Congratulations on your yo-yo sensations - both fabric and culinary. I think Mr Burley was a good sport with his pink dangly bit! It must have been great to meet up with so many bloggy ladies. The rest of the trip sounds great too. I like the idea of a photo of your wedding day for contrast. And to think Mr Burley also had a win with the new ute.

    ReplyDelete