Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A top for me.

In my sewing room re-shuffle I discovered a top I was making that needed about two minutes hand stitching on it to finish it.  I was making it in anticipation of some warmer weather but its taking its time getting here this year.  I'm not complaining about it being cold, it just means I won't be modeling this for you today.  Brrr.  You will have to be content with the pattern cover.  I look just like her....lol.

I made it from Simplicity Pattern 3751.  Bought on special at Spotlight, unfortunately I was dreaming I could fit into a size twelve so I had to make some adjustments to the neck  gathering and put a binding on it instead of a wider faced band.   This loosened it of under the arms a bit, it still covers the bra strap so it all ended well.  :0)

6 comments:

  1. Cute summer top! I hope it warms up for you soon. Send some of your cooler weather this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and feminine - will be lovely and cool for summer!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This top would be gorgeous with a 3/4 sleeved fitted top underneath for cooler days too :) It will be lovely for summer :) I have a lovely Amelia top in my wardrobe just waiting for summer :)

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=32431466

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this style of top.
    I want to get back in to making a few things for myself too.
    I'm short so always have trouble finding the "right" length.
    Thanks for sharing yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice top - I always think I am a 12 too, but I also keep thinking I'm 26!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh love it! I might need to borrow that pattern to trace, am loving that top!!! would be great with jeans!

    I always go up a size or two with patterns for me when sewing!
    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete