Monday, October 26, 2009

Pincushion pickle.


I never really made much with hexagons before so I thought I'd have a play today.  The hexagon making and joining was fine but I attempted this tutorial to make a pincushion and .....well.....I'm not sure what I did wrong but mine didn't look like the photo.  I did an extra row of stitching next to the binding which improved the shape but its still slightly skew.  I'll keep this one for myself, it was going to be a gift, I'll have to find another idea.


4 comments:

  1. It looks like the one in the tutorial to me!

    The 2nd photo in the tutorial is a weird angle....maybe that is what makes you think they don't look alike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! It looks just fine to me Julie! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very pretty to me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great to me and this from a person who has an abiding dislike of hexagons, must be Ok ;o)
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete