Friday, October 16, 2009

More Spring attire.


Another wet day here so another day inside sewing.  
To follow on from yesterday's post, I finished the ruffle skirt and started a few more.  The pattern is from Grand Revival Designs and Tanya has kindly given her permission for me to use the pattern to make a few for market.  These skirts are so pretty.  I might just make a few to hang in the sewing room, I just like looking at it hanging up.


Also today I tackled a pattern for the first time, an order from a customer who bought some of my other dresses.  She wanted a size five summer dress with purple in it and a reasonably mature print on the fabric.  I've used a New Look for kids pattern 6195.  (Thanks Sen.)

It would have been nicer to photograph it on a model (son won't be interested) but you get the idea.  Halter neck.....my first ever roulette, and an elastic back.  




11 comments:

  1. I can just imagine you asking your son to model ! I know what my son would say .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of those but I do like the ruffled skirt best. Great fabrics and colours Julie
    Lizzie
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work Julie! Nice fabric choice for a more mature girl. And I love the little skirts! Another on my to do list lol xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great ruffled skirt! There is something about flowers and stripes that I always find pleasing!

    What's a roulette?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make beautiful things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ruffled skirt and the dress is pretty too. I dont think I would be too pleased if I was a boy and my mum asked me to model a dress either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling ruffle skirt and I love the little halter neck number. gorgeous little designs.

    Have you seen the Blossom skirt which is one of Toni's new patterns? I love it ruffles, ric rac, matching applique and tote bag. She has some more new patterns due out soon too :)

    http://makeitperfect.com.au/MIP/Blossom.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I wouldn't think that Sonnyboy would want to model it... Turned out great! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy I have been out of the loop! I love all the childrens close. I wish I was little again just to look as cute in one of your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie - as always your sewing is lovely lovely lovely!!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. that skirt is adorable! love it! well done!
    Corrie;)

    ReplyDelete